June Favorites (beauty edition)

The first month into summer has flown by and these products have greatly aided me in breaking into initial days of intense heat waves and outdoor adventures. In fact, this is basically my survival kit to a happy, summer face!

Anthelios 45 Ultra-light Sunscreen Fluid | When I was in my tween stage, my skin was so terribly dry and flaky - to apply a liquid, matte-finish sunscreen on my face would be a disaster. Nowadays, my skin gets quite oily (especially in the heat) and this product is perfect for my face. Made by La Roche-Posay, this sunscreen applies on as a liquid with a viscosity of a watery oil and dries matte. I apply this immediately after cleansing and drying off my face and my skin gratefully drinks it up. I double it up as a moisturizer and it works wonderfully to lock in moisture and protect my skin with its SPF 45 UVA and UVB filters. It does have a slight smell and applies on white, but both aren't too much of a problem since it does dry clear.

Vaseline Lip Therapy Advanced Healing | I don't think I've enjoyed and appreciated a lip balm as much as I have this one. Sure, it's just basic petroleum jelly but it's fantastic in this type of packaging. I've always used Vaseline out of the large tubs, religiously applying it every night. Thinking that to be too much of hassle for me, my mom decided to buy me this balm for easier application. It's convenient, portable, and, well, simple! Thanks, mom.

Wet 'n Wild Fergie "Take On the Day" Eye Shadow Primer | I've searched long and far for a drugstore primer that will live up to its name and successfully prevent creasing on my oily lids (which other primers fail to do). After much makeupalley research, I decided to settle on this inexpensive find. It definitely primes my lids well and greatly decreases eye shadow creasing in my monolids. I do find the occasional creasing resting beneath the fold of my eyelid, but it usually occurs with a combination of a cream shadow or a 12+ hours day. Especially near the end of the year, I attended many events that had me donning a made-up face. This primer has does its job well enough for my thumbs-up!

E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit in "Dark" | Brows really are the frame to your face. Only recently did I understand why so many people place emphasis on this facial feature. Now, I almost can't go out without drawing on my brows. This is my first official "eyebrow kit" and it works rather well (at least better than using an eye shadow... haha). I use the darkest option (it's brown based for all the palette options) and appreciate how it comes with a two-sided brush and mirror for application. The E.L.F Studio Line packaging is also sturdy and sophisticated-looking.

Eye Glasses | Remember the last time I got new glasses? Well, that pair broke on me last Christmas, and I had to revert back to the ones I started with 3 years ago. It's time for a change and these spectacles are a little more "grown-up" and better built. Its frames are made from a brown-tinted metal and sport a slight brow line glasses look. I was actually looking for tortoise shell, browline glasses but Costco doesn't offer ones that I was looking for. Nevertheless, it's nice to have new eyesight!

What are your June Favorites?

24 comments:

  1. This sunscreen sounds really good, I need to try it :) I'm currently using one by Hawaiian Tropic and it smells so lovely & summery x

    www.anacelinelabod.com
    ps. there’s an Urban Decay Naked Palette Giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, the Hawaiian Tropic sounds great for hot, humid weather--I shall try it! I really enjoy the La-Roche Posay line and their skincare is great quality. I'd love to check out the giveaway! :)

      Delete
  2. The Wet n Wild eyelid primer sounds really good, I've actuallt been looking for a cheaper drugstore one to buy so I'll give it a go!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm so happy I found this affordable eye primer. (Saving my wallet from shelling out the big bucks for the famous Two-Faced or UD ones, phew!) I hope it works well for you!

      Delete
  3. Eyebrows are just everything <3 <3 <3 I have the same exact eyebrow kit and its a real life saver especially when you don't have a lot of time~
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree! It's so easy breezy to just whip it out, do my eyebrows, and get out the door in less than five minutes :)

      Delete
  4. Antihelios is such a great range. Awesome favourites, one of my June faves was the Nest rollerball perfume in White Sandalwood although I'm looking for something more citrusy for the rest of the summer :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! Yes, my mom has been on a recent Antihelios rave and she bought almost the whole skincare line! Haha, oh dear. The products really are of a wonderful quality. I've also been on a hunt for a fresh, citrusy scent for the summer time! Hope your scavenger hunt for that goes well--please do share the scent if you find one you like! Ahhh, I love perfumes. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the elf eyebrow kit they work like wonders especially because I have almost no eyebrows, thanks for sharing reading your blogpost makes me want to purchase them all, Thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I know right? This eyebrow kit is a necessity for no-eyebrow-gals like us--browless buds unite! Haha. Thank you for reading my post, I really appreciate it! Of course, I'd love to support each other woohoo :) I followed you xox

      Delete
  6. I really love ELF makeup, so the eyebrow kit is something I'm pretty interested in :) I'm currently using the Etude House Drawing Eyebrow kit which is pretty good as well. But true, just like you, I only recently realised the importance of eyebrows and it literally changed my life AHHAHAHA :) Great post!

    I’d really love it if we followed each other :)
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I should try the Etude House one! Seriously though, what were we doing before, roaming around without eyebrow assistance? HAHHAH Thank you so much, Rachel! Of course, I'd love to follow you :)

      Delete
  7. Sunscreen and elf eye brow kit are my top most important and lipstick too haha!Counldn't get out of the house without them on! Awesome post!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! A girl gotta have her necessities haha. Thank you so much, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  8. my june favorite is you...muahaha. Hi Evon!! Great post and I love how you added the numbers in the picture! You are so lovely! Keep on posting girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA oh my gosh Victoria, you are my favorite ♥ You're the loveliest one! Thank you, dear friend!! ^____^

      Delete
  9. The elf eyebrow kit has been talked about so much! We need to try it now :) Is it a pretty good match for your brows?

    M + K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hype is for good reason! It's really affordable and it works well. The color is more brown (almost like a dark chestnut color?) than I would prefer, but it matches me fine because my natural hair color is dark brown. Also, my spectacles are brown-colored, so luckily my brows can match haha!

      Delete
  10. Just came across your blog and i'm in love! Mind checking mine out, and maybe follow?

    -Michelle xx

    __
    instagram: @pastellights (www.instagramcom/pastellights)
    website: www.pastellightsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! Of course, I'd love to check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  11. Recently I've been obsessed with my brows, so I'd love tot ry the Elf kit!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vanessa! The kit is worth a shot--it's super affordable and just a good product for all types of usage, even as a back-up. Brows are everything, haha.

      Delete
  12. I really like the elf kit, sleek does a good version too! The sunscreen fluid sounds really good, I've been looking for something a bit mattifying! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I should check out the kit by sleek. Thanks for the recommendation! It's always wonderful to try out new products and share the best of the bests!

      Delete